Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays, as someone who has always enjoyed dressing up and wearing costumes Halloween is right up my alley. Not only do you get to get all decked out in costume, but you get to go house to house receiving candy! How old is too old to go trick or treating? I don’t think there is an age limit to getting free candy, and with all the wonderfully delicious candies out there the candy gods have deemed Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups the greatest. With chocolate and peanut butter, two of the world’s most beloved foods, this is a match made in candy heaven. I was interested in trying out a healthier version of this favorite Halloween treat like this dark chocolate version sans the added extra sugar, but with a Halloween twist.
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- Melt the dark chocolate with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a small glass bowl in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted. Do the same with the white chocolate in a separate small bowl, adding the 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, and set it aside.
- Line the small muffin tins with paper liners and pour a spoonful of dark chocolate into each one (they should be 1/3 full).
- Drop 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter into the center of each cup and add another spoonful of dark chocolate. Immediately place 1/2 teaspoon of white chocolate into the center of the cup and, using a toothpick, draw the pick through the white chocolate to make a ghost shape. Repeat with the remaining chocolate cups. Using another toothpick, dot melted dark chocolate with the tip of the pick to make eyes for each ghost and repeat.
- Place in the fridge to set and enjoy!